Friday, January 8, 2010

Life

Well y'all... we are back!!Before y'all read any further just know that I have awful grammar and don't use commas or anything very much... just exclamation marks! Thats really how my brain runs!lol!!ok, read on!!.. Life has been crazy these past few months and we have literally been all over the place! Hopefully, that will be coming to and end by the end of Feb! Ben got a new job in August and has been traveling all over! We miss him so much ,but know it is the best thing for us at the moment. We are also so grateful that he has an amazing job, that he loves and that he has great perks with! We hope to be back in Thibodaux by the end of February.. beginning of March! As for the munchkin and I, we have been In Monroe 90 percent of the time just enjoying family. They are loving getting to spend so much time with their granddaughter. It has also been verrry nice having the help!!I have don't know yet if we will be relocating after all is said and done ,but it is looking more and more like it everyday!! As for the munchkin she is amazing!! She really is such a joy!! I love being a mommy and am so grateful that i get to be a stay at home mom! After I was let go at my job after my maternity leave ran out... I remember feeling so down but at the same time happy that i didn't have to spend one moment away from her! Its amazing how your priorities changes! She is such a happy baby and she smiles and really enjoys everyone....strangers included! Everyone always wants to hold her and play with her. I'm so happy to have such a happy little girl, she is very rarely upset and even when she is she will smile shortly after! How did we get so lucky?...I always say and I think we hit the baby lottery. She is and always has been very alert and inquisitive! Its so fun seeing her grow and see the wheels turning in her little head. She has been crawling (kind of sort of) and she really gets the idea and loves every minute of it!The only major problem we have had with little miss is sleeping!! She has never been a sleeper! From day one when she was brought home from the hospital we tried to make her sleep in her own bed and to get her in a routine to sleep!! She wouldn't have any of it!! She will stay up till 1 sometimes and sometimes is in bed by 630! She makes her own rules.. I say!! We are trying our best to change and get her to go to sleep earlier!I'm a awful mom... i know!!! This week though we have been really trying! We put her down by 930 and has been soundly asleep by 10...eats at 545... then sleeps till about 8! We really are trying!!
She turned 6 months on Christmas Day and weighed in 3 days later at 13 pounds 1 oz! She was 24 and half inches!! Wow huh! I remember when she was 4 pounds 15 oz! Ahhhh.... time really flies! We also... when she turned 6 months.. started giving her rice cereal (well 5 1/2 months) and on Christmas she had her first taste of homemade sweet potatoes and loved it! I got an amazing present from Benny with the help of one my closest friends (Jessica.. amazing, thanks a million) a baby cook! it is a baby food maker! It steams her food then purees it! AMAZING!!Before the munchkin was born i said i always wanted to make baby food!! For those who really know me ,know that i am not crafty by any means and know that i don't want to be! lol! So this was really huge for me! The baby cook is amazing! I have to say one of the best things William Sonama sells! Ha!It has made this experience so fun! Every few days i am making something new for her! I love being able to control what she eats!! 2009 was a pretty amazing year! it brought alot of changes and alot of amazing memories! 2010 has already been very good too us and we cant wait to see how it continues! Ben and I some goals!
1. Becoming closer to the Lord and really making our home to invite the spirit!
2.Health wise.. we also want to run a half marathon and really just want to become healthier!
3. Continue to help the munchkin grow spiritually and emotionally!!
4.To get back to the basics,in every aspect of my life!
5.To work towards my goal of finishing the year left I have of school... so I can feel truly accomplished and to have the opportunity ( whenever it may be) to go to law school!
6.Also to really find a passion (maybe by getting my real estate license or something that is off the beaten path or plan!!
Yes, We have some major things and some small things ,but i think that is a great start! All and All things are pretty amazing and will only get better from here!!

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe it! I had lost all hope that you would ever actually use your blog! Way to go girl! no pic's though, so you still need to work on this! Ok I promise I will update my blog now that you actually did! :) you sound so great and I'm glad you are loving your baby food maker! Did Ben tell you to use an ice cube tray to freeze the extra food you have? And then you can measure how much a cube is so you know how much of a serving she is getting. Or of course william sonoma also has a little rubber tray for the freezer so they just pop out! anyway! we need to chat and catch up soon! call me when you get a minute!! love ya girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U UPDATED!!!! Wow....I feel like I'm sooo outta the loop in ur life!! We text all the time and talk about poop and spit up, but I don't know bout Ben's work or you moving etc!! Thanks for giving us a peek at the Gombossys!! Now for pics lil girl!! We need pics!!

    LOVE YOU SOO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you have a blog. I have always wanted to hear what only you can in express writing. This will be thrilling. Keep up the posting. Just pick a day at least once a week and do it. That way all of your adoring fans can get their weekly hit of Tempest! Wahoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the goals. I think about writing them done everyday and never do. Maybe posting on my blog will let me have a better chance at it throughout the year. Also, I dont mind at all the way you type, cause I type just like I would speak. Im glad things are going great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahem ;) I got on and thought, "Yay! She updated!" And then I realized that this post was from Jan 2010!!

    ReplyDelete